Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'M BACK! I'M BACK!

So, 6 years ago, I had the idea to start my own blog, but I gave it up after I realized how hard it is to post 20-30 interesting quips a day. I quickly abandoned the idea -- and never bothered to delete the blog I had created.

On a whim the other day, I typed in my old blog's address and -- wham! --it was still there -- my old posts, everything. I couldn't believe it. It was like walking into a house that you used to live in and finding one of your old baseball cards or seeing your name still sits in the cement on the sidewalk in front.

Reading the posts below, it strikes me that 2002 really was a terrible year to be a progressive/Democrat. And my tirades against people who were STILL blaming the 2000 election on Nader just shows how fractured our side was nearly 2 years after the stunning, demoralizing outcome of 2000.

The last post I did in 2002 was about Mediawhoresonline.com (below). That site was really the beginning of the netroots, no? Correct me if I'm wrong, but several of our more favorite bloggers, like Eschaton, got started there. I miss that site. (Did they ever determine exactly who was behind it?)

Anyway, I think I'm gonna give this thing another try. Only, this time, I'm not going to pressure myself to post 50 times a day, a la Sullivan. I think it'll be more like John Cole at Balloon Juice, who posts when he has the time and usually gets 4-5 good ones a day.

Starting this late in the election season makes me feel like a September call-up in the big leagues. I hope, like some of those call-ups, that I can have a small impact on the team and help us bring home the prize on Nov. 4th.

No comments: