Friday, November 21, 2008

HILLARY AND TIMOTHY

I have been quite reluctant to post that Hillary Clinton will be on the Obama team in the role of Secretary of State because there are still rumblings that it could/might not happen. Rumors still abound that Richardson is being vetted, too -- probably as a back-up in case they find some serious dirt on the Clintons (and don't be surprised if they do). Richardson could end up at Commerce if he doesn't get State.

When it comes to all things Clinton, I am a natural skeptic. As a first time voter in 1992, I voted for Bill, went to a rally in Cleveland, enthusiastically shook his and Hillary's hands. And as soon as he took office, I felt like he did everything he could to sell his supporters down the river. I never forgave him. I still haven't. And, as a result, I look at the positives of everything Clinton... then prepare for the worst. I don't trust either of them. So, I won't be surprised if it falls out of her lap in the last minute. In fact, I expect it.

As for this Timothy Geithner, I hear he may be announced on Monday, so I will hold off on adding him to "The Team" for now. This looks like a pick that will make Wall Street happy. But, as with all things Clinton, I am always skeptical of the assholes who work on Wall Street. And as I wrote this post, it has become more and more clear that he is the choice for this position.

No comments: