Monday, December 15, 2008

THE TEAM

Updated with a lot of names because I've been an asshat and completely neglected my precious blog (that literally no one is reading). Nevertheless....

CHIEF OF STAFF -- Rahm Emanuel
WHITE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON -- Robert Gibbs
SENIOR WHITE HOUSE ADVISOR -- David Axelrod
SENIOR WHITE HOUSE ADVISOR -- Valerie Jarrett
WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL - Gregory Craig
ATTORNEY GENERAL - Eric Holder
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES - Tom Daschle
HOMELAND SECURITY - Janet Napolitano
TREASURY - Timothy Geithner
OMB - Peter Orszag
STATE - Hillary Clinton
DEFENSE - Robert Gates
NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR - General James Jones
UN AMBASSADOR - Susan Rice
COMMERCE - Bill Richardson
VETERANS AFFAIRS - Gen. Erik Shinseki
ENERGY - Steven Chu
EPA - Lisa Jackson
CLIMATE/ENERGY "CZARINA" - Carol Browner

I love the fact that Obama is appointing people that I know are smarter than me (i.e., Chu), because when I saw pea brains like Ashcroft and Norton nominated by Bush I couldn't help but think the head Peanut wanted his own Peanut Gallery. In other words, Bush just wanted "Yes" people around him. Obama seems to truly thirst for differences in opinion from very bright people. How refreshing.

No comments: